Wednesday 5 March 2014

Wednesday's MCFC Transfer News

According to Goal.com, Juventus, Napoli and Galatasaray will all make summer approaches for Manchester City left-back Aleksandar Kolarov. The Serbian has experienced a new lease of life under Manuel Pellegrini, appearing 34 times for the blues already this season. Enquiries were made by Napoli and Juventus in the January window regarding a loan move, and with Kolarov's contract set to expire next summer, the Italian giants are expected to approach City with fresh offers. The blues are likely to sit down with the Serbian and discuss a new contract in the near future.

Fernandinho has spaid tribute to his new club for his recent call-up to the Brazilian national squad and told the Daily Express that he is "fine" at Manchester City.

"I settled very quickly in Manchester, but in the beginning I had to overcome many difficulties," Fernandinho said.

"People were not looking at me favourably because other Brazilians at City had not done so well. Also, Ukrainian football is not rated very highly in Europe.

"But now I have shown that I deserve to be a regular for City. The World Cup is my big goal. I want to convince Luiz Felipe Scolari by continuing to play well here and by winning trophies with City.

(Fernandinho has been instrumental in Manchester City's success this season)

"I am fine in Manchester, it is a very quiet city. City were not the only club interested in me last summer, but they were the only one who made an offer.

"Finish my career in Manchester? Yes, anything is possible. I am fine here, I have a four-year contract and I have no reason to think about anything else.

"I believe in this project and I believe that we will win important trophies."

In Other News
In other news, City skipper Vincent Kompany has laughed off fresh claims from José Mourinho that Manchester City are favourites for the title. The outspoken Portuguese, whose side hold a four-point lead at the top of the table, insisted that the sky blues are still in pole position for the Premier League crown following their Capital One Cup win on Sunday, but Kompany was on hand to swiftly dismiss his mind games.

"It's very simple in football, the winner is always right and the loser is always wrong," Kompany told Sky Sports.

"Unless a manager puts on his football boots and starts playing as a striker, I'm never really worried about what they can say.

(Vincent Kompany has laughed off José Mourinho's claims that City are favourites for the title)

"As I say, there are four teams and Liverpool is one that can win it as well. Maybe City and Chelsea have a slight edge, but then again Liverpool have just as much momentum.

"Arsenal will probably get the momentum back again when they win again, so it's a good league for the neutrals. I think it will be tight until the end."

And finally, in more serious news, Manchester City EDS star Devante Cole was allegedly subjected to racist abuse during last week's UEFA League match between Manchester City and Atletico Madrid in Spain. Players and supporters were rumoured to have directed the abuse at Cole and UEFA have launched an investigation into the incident.